COVID-19: four more closed regions in Quebec
After closing eight regions of Quebec on Saturday, the Legault government added four territories on Wednesday at noon to its list of places where the whereabouts will be limited by police checks on the roads.
These are the Outaouais, certain sectors of the Laurentians and Lanaudière, as well as the agglomeration of La Tuque.
“A public health ordinance will now be in force for the following regions and territories:
– the Outaouais health region;
– the territories of the regional county municipalities of Antoine-Labelle and Argenteuil for the health region of the Laurentians;
– the territories of Autray, Joliette, Matawinie and Montcalm for the health region of Lanaudière;
– the agglomeration of La Tuque for the health region of Mauricie and Center-du-Québec, ”we read in a press release from the Minister of Public Security.
Only people whose travel is essential will be able to exit or enter these regions.
On Saturday, Public Security had already isolated the following eight regions:
– Saguenay – Lac-Saint-Jean
– North Coast
– Gaspésie – Îles-de-la-Madeleine