COVID-19: seventh death in Ontario

A seventh person died from coronavirus in Ontario. The victim, a nonagenarian, lived in the Durham region.
The medical authorities have not yet specified the source of the transmission.

A total of 85 new cases were added to the province’s list between Monday and Tuesday, representing the largest increase in new cases in a single day in Ontario.

The province now has 588 cases, in addition to a dozen people infected with the virus in isolation at the military base in Trenton.

More than 10,000 cases are still being analyzed. There could therefore be even more cases than the official figure presented by the province, according to medical authorities.

Ontario’s chief medical officer of health, Dr. David Williams, says the province will be able to perform 5,000 tests a day by the end of the week. On Tuesday, only 950 were completed.

Earlier this week, the Ford government asked companies that have access to medical masks to donate them to healthcare professionals. Health Minister Christine Elliott said on Tuesday that the province has access to enough masks.

Share
Previous Article
Next Article

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *