Highlights from Francois Legault’s press briefing on March 26
Quebec has two new deaths from COVID-19. Here are the main points of the press conference of March 26 by Prime Minister François Legault, accompanied by the Minister of Labor, Employment and Social Solidarity Jean Boulet and the national director of public health Horacio Arruda on the epidemic of COVID-19.
– Two new deaths in Quebec for a total of eight
– 1629 people are now infected with COVID-19 in Quebec, 106 hospitalized including 43 in intensive care.
– “There is no question of making any compromise whatsoever on the precautions to be taken to protect health personnel,” said Prime Minister François Legault. He says he works very hard to supply Quebec with masks. “We need to use masks judiciously.”
– “I thank Quebecers once again for respecting the instructions, that’s what we have to do” said Mr. Legault
– Food banks will need more volunteers. Quebec has set up a portal (http://www.jebenevole.ca/) to link organizations that need volunteers and people who want to lend a hand. “Please go and volunteer,” said Mr. Legault. He appeals to people under the age of 70, without symptoms and who have time. However, they must respect the two-meter distance and hand washing instructions.