Highlights from Francois Legault’s press briefing on March 29
Quebec has 2,840 people infected with COVID-19 in Quebec. Here are the main points of the press conference of March 29 by Prime Minister François Legault, accompanied by the national director of public health Horacio Arruda on the COVID-19 epidemic.
– The number of deaths from COVID-19 in Quebec is still 22.
– 2,840 people are now infected with COVID-19 in Quebec, up 342 since the previous day, 192 people hospitalized, 72 of whom were in intensive care.
– 6,313 people under investigation
– 49,365 negative analyzes
– “It is important to focus on maintaining good morale and staying united,” said Prime Minister François Legault.
– Emergency aid for vulnerable people in homes. “Today, we are giving ourselves new means to better protect seniors and staff in residences and CHSLDs,” said Mr. Legault.
– Travel from one district, city or region to another must be avoided. New measures will be announced for Montreal, the region most affected by Covid-19.
“Usually when you sit on a public bench, you don’t lick it. We sit with our buttocks, ”said Dr Horacio Arruda when asked about possible contamination by street furniture.
Saguenay – Lac-Saint-Jean: 18
National Capital: 164
North Shore: 17