Now 10,000 cases, but Francois Legault optimistic
Here are the main points of the April 8 press conference by Prime Minister François Legault, accompanied by Minister of Health Danielle McCann and National Director of Public Health Horacio Arruda on the COVID-19 epidemic.
– “It’s been a few days that we see that it is really stabilizing in hospitalizations. This is really good news. We are in the process, if we continue to win this way, of this battle, “said Prime Minister François Legault, referring to a possible gradual recovery in the economy. “But we will have it for months with the two-meter set point.”
– 25 new deaths from COVID-19 in Quebec for a total of 175
– 10,031 people are now infected with COVID-19 in Quebec, up 691 since the previous day, 632 people hospitalized, including 181 in intensive care. “An increase of only 17 in intensive care.
– Regarding the elderly, Mr. Legault indicates that 89% of the deceased were 70 years and over. “We will continue to systematically test everyone in the CHSLDs, both employees and residents.”
– Reminder of instructions for people aged 70 and over: ideally do not go out, stay two meters from people who come to deliver items. “Even for Easter,” recalls François Legault.