“Unlikely” that summer festivals will take place
With the “two-meter rule” of distance that will have to be applied for several more months, it is “unlikely” that major summer events, including the Quebec City Summer Festival, can take place, said the Prime Minister on Wednesday. from Quebec, François Legault.
“It is very difficult in a festival or event where there are hundreds or thousands of people to respect the rule of two meters. From the moment when we say that the rule of two meters will extend over a longer period, indeed, it is unlikely that we will be able to have this kind of festivals this summer, “said the first Minister during his daily press briefing.
The national director of public health, Horacio Arruda, had earlier declared that “the intensive gatherings will remain a problem”.
As for the FEQ, scheduled for July 9 to 19, the team preferred to reserve their comments for Thursday morning.
More details to come …